NPS, representatives from the offices of Montana’s Senators, Congressman, and Governor, and numerous East Side businesses met to discuss the opening of Glacier in 2021. Some key points:
- NPS plans on opening all venues of the East Side.
- COVID mitigations remain, which will lead to slower openings and less employees available.
- They hope to operate the shuttle system, but it is still under review.
- Many Glacier (opening to public on 5/28) will be impacted by road construction for the duration of 2021, with delays around 40 min expected.
- Blackfeet Tribal Business Council and NPS have met and are working together on this opening.
- Much talk about the potential for ticketed entry to Glacier. A small fee for a reservation to enter the park, guests lodging within the park will not need this reservation. 50% of reservations done in advance, 50% open up 48hrs prior to date of entry. Nothing set in stone but due to ongoing congestion they will be prepared to enact this in 2021.